Web content management system
A web content management system that is represented by the WCMS abbreviation.
A web content management system is a system that has predefined tools for writing content, posting photos and links to one or more sites.
It allows users to easily create and manage their site content in a low-level code design .
A WCMS allows site design to allow multiple authors to contribute to the content management on the website and provide postings, images, and more on the site.
In most web content management systems, a database is used to store web page content. This database is a collection of templates for displaying visitors, which are most XSLT files.
The WCMS allows non-professional users to edit their site with little training.
The web content management system requires system administrator or web developer, but it is primarily for non-professional users to manage and maintain their site.
WCMS to manage and control the dynamic collection of the site, such as HTML, images, and other forms of content. Editing and managing tables is easy.
Web Content Management Features
A content management system in a website design with unique features, we’ll look at some of the features below.
The web content management system allows the appearance of all posts from one center to be modified, meaning template outputs are automatically applied to new content.
Some web content management system allows user groups to manage between site and user interaction.
For a number of registered users, the user can not log in anonymously or access pages only.
Editing content and simplicity
When the content is separate from the presentation of the image on a site. It is faster and easier to edit and manage.
In web content management systems, there are more WYSIWYG Web Builder software that allows non-professional users to create and edit content.
Web promotion with standards
Web content management systems regularly receive updates that adds new features and updates management systems to standards.
Content management system software in the design of the site is a platform that allows collaborative collaboration, allowing
users to retrieve and edit content that simultaneously changes or comments on users of a page.
Advantages of Web Content Management Systems
- Low Costs: Some of these systems, like WordPress , Drupal , TYPO3 , Joomla , are free or cost effective.
You can also buy software for these systems based on the need.
- Easy customization: The pages you create do not require a lot of code. Many tools in WCMS can easily be used and customized for non-professional and beginner users.
- Easy to use: These systems are designed for non-professional people.
The very user-friendly interface allows users to update the system without learning coding or programming.
- Workflow Management: These systems allow content to be controlled, such as when, how, and by whom.
Sometimes they also allow administrators to make laws in this regard. These rules can be a step in the tasks of each manager.
Disadvantages of Web Content Management Systems
- Cost of Implementation: On a larger scale, the implementation of the system requires planning, training for users of content management systems.
Some of these systems require hardware to install. To use these hardware will cost more.
- Maintenance costs: The hardware that is provided for these systems requires maintenance and upkeep, upgrade and upgrade costs.