A view of this port is visible in the following figure.
Connect to iLO
To connect to the iLO, you must have the iLO and the username and password of the iLO port.
Turn on the server. On the first page after the system boots, press the F8 key (before starting to test and check the RAID CONTROLLER, it is usually introduced with an appropriate message to enter the iLO environment of the F8 key.
After entering the iLO environment, make the settings for the network card.
In the first step, DHCP settings must be disabled.
After disabling DHCP, save the settings by pressing the F10 key. Note that the F10 key must be pressed in each step to save the changes.
Next, make network settings. At this point, you must have an IP with the appropriate netmask to the port. Note that the gateway value is also set.
To define the user name and password, you can use a special label that is installed on the server chassis.
It is best to change Administrator’s password in the same iLO environment and use it to enter the iLO.
After completing the steps above, you can enter the IP address in the browser and enter the username and password into the iLO environment.
Features offered by iLO are very useful and in many cases the savior of many network administrators (for troubleshooting remote problems). Of course, it should be noted that some of these features are not available for free to the user and to activate them, you will need a custom iLo license for the approximate price of $ 400 per server, which is part of the product mentioned in the list of products of HP The following is the following:
HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) Advanced License
The general iLO applications are as follows:
- Manage Power Server like turning off or on or restarting. ( Free )
- Remote Server Management or Remote Control Console, which gives you the same conditions as when you’re working with the Monitor, Mouse, and KeyBoard locally. (Requires licensing)
- Take advantage of your computer’s optical or floppy drives as server drives when managing. (Requires licensing)
- Use the ISO versions of your computer as the Remote Media Applet. ( Free )
- View and browse server server logs and occurrences. ( Free )
- View and view the status of various server hardware modules, such as RAM or CPU, and more. ( Free )
iLO 2 Advanced Features have been activated License Key